As human beings, we have the marvelous biological ability to communicate information with each other simply by making noises with our mouths. Languages give us the ability to do amazing things and it’s incredible to think about we acquire our first language as children. If you’ve never considered learning English or another language, here are a few reasons why you should start learning English or Spanish on Verbling:
As an English teacher who works with English learners from around the world daily, one of the main questions I get asked is, “How long is it going to take me to become fluent in English?”
Of course, when someone asks that question, I respond with a series of my own questions:
- How much time per day do you listen to English?
- How much English do you already know; what’s your current level?
- Why are you learning English?
- Do you like learning English? Is it fun for you?
- How often do you read in English?
- How often do you speak to someone in English?